- One step closer to an artificial nerve cell -- possible to program the unit such that the release of neurotransmitters takes place as often or as seldom as required
- What’s on your mind – microelectrodes offer poke free brain control -- new micro electrocorticography (ECoG) technology -- placed under the skull, but over brain areas where it would be risky to place penetrating electrodes
- Coating technique helps bionic implants fit right in -- coat the implants with a material called synthetic hydroxyapatite -- plasma-spraying is traditionally used -- into a bath of electrolyte solution and applying an electric current -- virtually indistinguishable from the body's own material
- Coming Soon: Photographic Memory in a Pill? -- a protein that can extend the life of visual memory significantly-- boosted in mice, the rodents' visual memory retention increased, from about an hour to almost 2 months
- 50 Successful Open Source Projects That Are Changing Medicine
- List of open source healthcare software
- Robot brain jumps bodies to do human bidding
- Blind man sees wife for first time after having a tooth implanted into his eye
- Nike Hindsight - Pyöräilylasit lisäävät sivunäköä.
What Happens When We Design Babies?
4 tuntia sitten